The nursing staff seeks to maintain a calming environment where our residents can rest and recover. We work hard to keep families informed of progress made.
The following skilled nursing services are available at our rehab center:
- Medical Director coordinates and improves medical services
- Director of Nursing oversees all aspects of healthcare within the facility
- Individualized resident care plan treatments
- Dementia care
- Wound care
- Nutrition & hydration programs
- Medication management & education
- Diabetic management & education
- Restorative nursing
- Pain management
- Hospice program
Our nurses work with the residents family to create a comfortable environment including simple routines and visual cues as a positive substitute for diminishing mental processes.
Our experienced nurses provide help with all aspects of managing diabetes including:
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Insulin administration and tracking
- Exercise planning
- Menu planning, education and more.
Restorative Nursing Program
At Oak Trace Care and Rehabilitation, we seek to maximize the quality of life for our long-term care population, who require a specialized restorative program. Of course, this service is included in the room and board fee.
Our therapy team and nursing staff develop individualized treatment plans for resident care in the areas of:
- Range of motion
- Activities of daily living
- Positioning and alignment
- Skin integrity and wound management
- Contracture management
- Bowel and bladder training
- Rehabilitative and social dining
- Strengthening and restraint reduction
- Weekly and monthly height and weight monitoring
Our dietary program is designed to meet the dietary and physician ordered needs of each resident in our care.
To ensure that each resident is receiving the proper nutritional needs we offer:
- Meals to meet specific dietary and therapeutic needs, according to physician orders
- Oral supplemental, as prescribed by each physician
- Regular nutritional assessments from our registered dietitian